Hunter Technical Support Document
How do I program my VSX Field Controller?
- Stops all irrigation; enables and disables Rain Shutdown.
- Sets run times and order for stations and Blocks.
- Accesses multiple options and controller settings. Different sets of options appear, depending on mode controller is in (with other keys)
- Saves field inputs and edits
- Selects between fixed choices in the display, and selects Rain Shutdown yes/no when Off is pressed
- Alphanumeric buttons for data entry
- Clears display error messages; erases Program Name in Edit mode
- Determines type of schedule and actual water days On/Off for the selected Program
- Navigate backward/forward through displays, Programs, and Option choices, or move active station down or up (Manual mode)
- Defines Start Time for automatic Programs; launches Preset programs immediately
- Starts one or more stations immediately
- Cycles through available Preset names, allows access for creation or editing, or immediate start with Start button
- Cycles through available Program names, allows access for creation or editing, or immediate start with Start button
- Escapes current function and exits to next highest level
Create a Program
Follow these steps to create a program. Bold text are facepack button names
- Program Select to choose.
- Options to name the Program
- Exit to return to Programming
- Schedule to choose and set water days
- Start, Enter to set start time
- Stations to enter stations and run times.
Stop or Pause Irrigation
Follow these steps to stop or pause the current schedule. Bold text are facepack button names
- OFF to cancel all (Enter or Toggle to select Rain Shutdown or just stop current irrigation)
- OPTIONS, ENTER to Pause (OPTIONS, ENTER to Resume)
Start a Station
Follow these steps to manually start a station. Bold text are facepack button names
- Manual, type station, Enter, type runtime
- Enter to select more stations
- Enter to choose Pump & Seq./Sim. operation
- Enter to start
- Back or Next to start next station down or up
Follow these steps to program a station. Bold text are facepack button names
- Stations: Press once to show total, again to show individual stations in a Program.
- Choose Event #, then choose Sta # or Block #, then type run time and Enter
- Stations again, to program next Event.
- Exit to save changes and leave programming.
- Pause Watering
- List FC Settings
- Edit FC Settings
- Block Programming
- Remove Program
- Remove Preset
- Decoders (if applicable)
- View SYS Events
- Del SYS Events
- Radio Xmit Test (radio FCs only)
(Edit FC Settings)
- Main % Scale
- Schedule Length
- Schedule Day
- Day Change
- FCP Inhibit? Response
- MR Runtime
- MR Pump
- Edit Program name
- Set Program %
- Cycle Delay
- Skip Days
A = Automatic
S = Semi-automatic
Sim = Simultaneous Manual
Seq = Sequential Manual
P = Preset
SYS = System Program Event
SME = System Manual Event
0:47 = Time remaining on current station
- Delete Event
- Cluster Events
- Move Event
- Insert Event
Still not finding the answers?
Hunter Technical Support experts are available to answer your question(s) about Hunter products and their usage. Simply click on the contact button below to submit an email request.